Friday, May 22, 2009

Investor's Manifesto

While I generally don't recommend putting much credence in the personal finance magazines, I recently read a piece in  the June issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine that is worthy of note. This issue carries a column by Knight Kiplinger  titled An Investor's Manifesto. There are 20 short statements followed by a few words of commentary. I can't find a single one that is not totally correct and on point. Bravo!
The first of the 20 is "I am an investor. I do not trade my assets frequently .That's speculation,not investing." Another of my favorites is "I regard my home as a place to live,not as an investment. It is not a substitute for retirement savings." 
The piece can be found at www.kiplinger.com/magazine/archives/2009/06/knight_kiplinger.html